Finca La Emperatriz
Our commitment with the training and technical knowledge of wine professionals and lovers
Finca La Emperatriz Wine School opened its doors in February 2020 providing WSET courses, designed for professionals working in the sector and for wine enthusiasts who wish to broaden their knowledge.
What is the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET)?
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is the world’s largest provider of qualifications in wines, spirits and sake. Recognized by the most important beverage companies and organizations in the world, the WSET has been leader in the development and delivery of wine and spirits courses for five decades. With four progressive level courses translated into multiple languages and offered through a network of schools in more than 70 countries, the WSET qualifications inspire and train professionals and enthusiasts of these drinks.
Wset® Level 1 Award in Wines
A beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
Training hours: 8 attendance hours
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you'll learn
- The main types and styles of wine.
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics.
- How to store and serve wine.
- The principles of food and wine pairing.
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
Wset® Level 2 Award in Wines
WSET’s Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
Training hours: 20 attendance hours
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
What you'll learn
- Cómo catar y describir el vino utilizando la Técnica Sistemática de Cata de Vino WSET® – Nivel 2 (SAT).
- Cómo los factores ambientales y las opciones de viticultura, vinificación y crianza influyen en el estilo y la calidad de los vinos elaborados a partir de ocho variedades principales:
- Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- Made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- Produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Fortified wines
- Sparkling wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality.
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine.
- Principles of food and wine pairing.
Wset® Level 3 Award in Wines
An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
Training hours: 38 attendance hours
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal:
- Still wines of the world
- Sparkling wines of the world
- Fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality.
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
For more information, complete this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.